Here they are, clearly never meanin’ no harm.
Haze is doing a Dukes of Hazzard-themed jam tonight, the Dukes of HAZEard. Because what on God’s green Earth could be a more American way to start Fourth of July weekend? Nothin’. That’s what. They’ve got the Crazy Daisies, which is great. But can it top an in-her-prime Catherine Bach? Maybe. Best of luck. We’re skeptical, but it could be done. (It probably can’t be done.)
- Hakkasan: Michael Woods. 10 p.m.
- Tao: Snoopadelic Cabaret.10 p.m.
- Encore Beach Club: Ne-Yo.10 p.m.
- Haze: The Dukes of HAZEard.10 p.m.
- Improv: Bobby Collins, Suli McCullogh, Avi Liberman. 8:30 p.m., 10 p.m., $29.05.
- L.A. Comedy Club:Adam Hunter, Ron Josol. 9:30 p.m., $29.95-$59.85.
- Riviera Comedy Club: Jackson Perdue, Jimmie JJ Walker. 8:30 p.m., $19.99 ($10 locals).
- Crown Theater: Eddie Griffin. 7 p.m., $77.75-$100.75.
- Laugh Factory: Erik Rivera, Sam Fedele, Kristi McHugh. $29-$44.95, 8:30 p.m., 10 p.m.
- Brad Garrett’s Comedy Club: Debi Gutierrez, Jay Black. $$46-$68, 8 p.m.
- Boulevard Pool: Las Vegas Local Music Showcase with Goldboot, American Cream, and Almost Normal.8 p.m., $5
- Bond: Roger Gangi. 10 p.m.
- Commonwealth: Peter Shalvoy. 10 p.m.
Tomorrow’s Pool Parties
- Rehab: All American Weekend with DJ Wellman. 11 a.m.
- Daylight: The Takeover. 11 a.m.
- Marquee Dayclub: EC Twins. 11 a.m.
- Wet Republic: 4th of July with Afrojack. 11 a.m.
BFFs! “Forever” in this case meaning “until it’s expedient for Diddy to pretend you never existed.”
The ’90s are smacking you straight upside the head tonight at Haze, where erstwhile Diddy sidekick Ma$e comes in to mushmouth his way through terrible fake golf commentary and perhaps wear whatever space/tracksuit he had on in that video. (more…)
And if you don’t find the golden egg, there are still bunnies. Win-win. (Photo by Joe Fury | SPYONvegas.com)
Let’s celebrate Easter the way the church intended: Worshipping a golden idol and surrounded by girls in skimpy bunny outfits. Haze tonight does the Hunt for the Golden Egg, where the lucky snooper can haul in raw omelet fixins worth up to $5,000 in cash and prizes. Which you’re going to blow on plastic grass and Cadbury Creme Eggs, because the spirit of Easter can’t be contained. (more…)
J. Cole: ’80s stand-up comedian.
Haze rolls with rapper and Jay Z signee J. Cole this evening. He’s probably not going to do too well in the ACM Awards this weekend, but we applaud him for coming out anyway. But let’s face it, Miranda Lambert is a lock in Female Vocalist of the Year. (more…)
There is no way that isn’t just actual rope tucked under a hat.
Haze brings in Ty Dolla $ign tonight. So. That’s happening. Look, is it any dumber a name than Wacka Flocka Flame? No. No it is not. Though it is dumber than Titty Boi. Which 2 Chainz never should have switched up from. In fact, someone else should be able to claim that name from whatever the Savers of discarded rap names is. Someone like Ty Dolla $ign. (more…)
DJ Scene is good at picking the right headgear for maximum contrast. (Photo by Amit Dadlaney | SPYONvegas.com)
The Magic parties keep on rolling tonight, where Haze does Can I Kick It? with DJs Neva and Scene in a sneaker extravaganza. Shoe Palace, KNYEW, Suite 160, Hush, Hippo Esthetics and Dunk Xchange are all in on the action as $10,000 in gift cards are up for grabs. As always, in these situations, we strongly advocate for ‘Roos.
- Hakkasan: Danny Avila.10 p.m.
- Tao: Worship Thursday.10 p.m.
- Artisan: Temptation Thursday.10 p.m.
- Improv: Brian Dunkleman, Gene Pompa, Matt Markman. 8:30 p.m., 10 p.m., $29.05.
- L.A. Comedy Club: Robert Duchaine, Ryan Cole. 9:30 p.m., $29.95-$59.85.
- Riviera Comedy Club: Paul Bond, Jimmie JJ Walker. 8:30 p.m., $19.99 ($10 locals).
- Crown Theater: Eddie Griffin.7 p.m., $77.75-$100.75.
- Laugh Factory: Kevin Farley, Jeff Richards, Jay Reid . $29-$44.95, 8:30 p.m., 10 p.m.
- Brad Garrett’s Comedy Club: John Dicrosta, Marc Patrick. $46-$68, 8 p.m.
- Beauty Bar: Bottomless Thursdays. $20, 9 p.m.
- Bond: Roger Gangi. 10 p.m.
- Chandelier: Jennifer Keith Quintet. 10 p.m.
- Double Down: Lambs to Lions, Child Endangerment. 10 p.m.
Technically, it’s a brilliant Christmas movie, too.
Haze celebrates that wonderful era of Lindsay Lohan’s pre-drug-nightmare hot years tonight with $5,000 for the hottest trio of pink-bedecked Mean Girls (with another prize for the largest group). We appreciate the extra effort they put into this. We would’ve just stopped at “Holy shit, redheads are awesome!” Wouldn’t have even offered a prize. It would’ve been more of a celebration. (more…)
If Nas wanted to make a $10 million bet, he’d have to do it with Kelis’ checkbook. (Photo by Bobby Jameidar | SPYONvegas.com)
Nas hit the stage at Haze Saturday night to ease the crowd into a Super Bowl frenzy. You’d think with $10.4 million on the line, Floyd Mayweather would be too tense to party it up. After all, rumors of his big bet lit up social media and the blogosphere. But he wasn’t sweating it, because he didn’t really have $10.4 million on the line, as he took to Instagram to disprove. Except, you know, not until after the game. He was mum about the rumored big bet leading up to the game, because “good or bad publicity keeps me relevant.”
Every time there’s a big game, there are inevitable reports of Mayweather’s big bets to go right there with it. But considering the statewide win on the Super Bowl this year is in the $20 million range, the notion of one $10-plus million bet should have been a non-starter.
At the very least, someone needs to start a Tumblr just for fake Mayweather tickets. $15 million on the 15-31-8 Sabres to win the Cup in a current futures pool at 5000-1? Sounds believable! It’s Floyd!
Hmm. We’re beginning to see their point.
Haze has been running the Selfie Olympics on Instagram. Tonight, all the hard work of self-love pays off when Haze hands out $5,000 to the selfiest selfies that ever selfied. And the winner gets their picture in Vegas Seven. You can’t put a price on that kind of validation. (Or you can, and the price is $5,000.) (more…)
No, we’re positive we saw them down there. I guess you’ll just have to keep looking.