Huh. Would not figure two bands would involve dudes who look like Michael Stipe.
Good news, filthy hippies: Moe is at the Hard Rock Cafe tonight ($35, 7 p.m.). The even better news? If you show up an hour late, you’ll probably just be getting there as they’re starting their second song. It’s a fine consolation prize for everyone who missed Bob Weir last weekend. Still, as far as things that have come out of Buffalo are concerned, they’re in no danger of being the worst. They’ve got sports heartbreak and The Goo Goo Dolls to thank for that.
- Body English: Figure, The Killabits.10 p.m.
- Tao: Worship Thursday.10 p.m.
- Artisan: Ritual Thursday.10 p.m.
- L.A. Comedy Club: John Roy, Matt Markman. 9:30 p.m., $29.95-$59.85.
- Improv: The Stagebenders, Daryl Wright, Garry Cannon. 8:30 p.m., 10 p.m., $29.05.
- Riviera Comedy Club: Kathleen Dunbar, Greg Vaccariello . 8:30 p.m., $19.99 ($10 locals).
- Brad Garrett’s Comedy Club: Andy Kindler, Rodney Laney, Doug Starks. $46.40-$68.40, 8 p.m.
- Crown Theater: Eddie Griffin.7 p.m., $77.75-$100.75.
- Laugh Factory: Rich Shydner, Don Barnhart, Alan Bursky. $29-$44.95, 8:30 p.m., 10 p.m.
- Hard Rock Cafe: Moe. $35, 7 p.m.
- Beauty Bar: Free Energy, Religious Girls, Meth Dad. 10 p.m.
- Bond: Lauren Luxx. 10 p.m.
- Chandelier: Verabian. 10 p.m.
- Triple B: The Stone Foxes. 10 p.m.
- Double Down: Vampirates, Trashkannon, Station & the Monster. 10 p.m.