So … random.
R2K Studios is starting its Art of Music program, with Random Abiladeze and DJ Rated R doing live music, and a rock ‘n’ roll photo exhibit from Erik Kabik, including his pics of Lil Wayne at The Joint a couple of days after he got out of Rikers. So there you go, something artsy to do on First Friday. Go forth and feel cultured.
- Marquee has Sander Van Doorn.
- Rain does Clash with Dadalife.
- The Bank brings in Emmy Rossum.
- Laura Croft celebrates her birthday at Blush.
- CatHouse at Luxor holds Lush Friday.
- Crown does FAB Fridays.
- Surrender has Aoki’s House.
- The Artisan does Shake and Pop from 10 p.m. to 3 a.m., then afterhours with Brett Rubin until 7 a.m.
- Gold has Rise afterhours at 2 a.m. with DJ David Christian.
- Brand features Guy Williams.
- The Reverend Horton Heat is with Luis & The Wildfires at House of Blues.
- Area 702 does the XPOZ Battle of the Fans: Altam, I am of Terra, Bingo!, Not so Casual, Burn the
City and Crucify the Enslaved.
- The House of Blues features Steel Panther.
- Playboy Comedy has The League’s Steve Rannazzisi.
- The LA Comedy Club welcomes Robert Duchaine and Zoltan.
- Brad Garrett’s Comedy Club brings the main man up with Brad Garrett, Carl LaBove and Paul Vitzi.
- Diablo’s has DJ Dilemma.
- Book & Stage at the Cosmo has Eli Paperboy Reed and The True Loves.
- The Chandelier Bar goes with Bitchin’ With Mama Miche and Kenzie Clarke.
- Double Down has Cardiac Kidz, The Last Internationale, 35 Black, Fall Risk and Geezys Cryst & Free Beer.
- The Bunkhouse does The Steelwells, Mike V. and Zach Ryan & Wildfire.
- Cheyenne Saloon welcomes Down the Boulevard, Forgotten Faces and Sons of Insanity.
- The Freakin’ Frog brings in Daze Work.
- The Beauty Bar has the 100th edition of The Get Back.